This blog has moved!

If your browser doesn't automatically redirect you,
please goto JavaCupcake.com.

Don't forget to subscribe to the RSS feed to continue getting post updates!

Thank you for your loyalty and support!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Vegas, DMB, and Deployments

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all of the wonderful love I got last month from the Secret is in the Sauce ladies! I wanted to post a quick update on what's been going on in my world and why there has been a lack of frequent posts.

Earlier this Spring, my husbands unit got his deployment orders to Iraq, 10 months sooner than originally planned. At the time, I was very close to finishing up my degree from UW and my daughter was finishing 3rd grade. Since thing, I've graduated and my daughter started summer vacation... and of course, I've been spending as much time as I possibly can with my soldier. We took a vacation to Las Vegas (where of course I visited Kari at Retro Bakery), have gone to a bunch of movies, dinners out, day trips to Seattle, and most recently a weekend at the Gorge for the Dave Matthews Band concert. Next week, my husband will board a plane to begin his journey to Iraq, his 2nd tour there in 3 years. I'm dreading the day he leaves and until then, I plan to spend as much time as I possibly can by his side.

So, this is why I haven't been posting very much and why I don't know if I will be posting much again soon. I anticipate that after he leaves and the initial shock has lessened, I will feel like baking again. So... until then, thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

Happy Cupcakes.

Betsy

6 comments. Add yours here!:

confused homemaker said...

I don't have good words to offer except that my prayers will be with him and all who are serving our country, along with their families who are giving so much.

Ali said...

Thinking about you and your family!

The Farmers Wife said...

Aww honey, sorry to hear it got pushed up. But I guess maybe the sooner it starts, the sooner its over? Yeah, not helpful I know. I would be major bummed too. I remember being awesomely happy when they told hubs that they werent going to Oki, then followed it up with, "you will go back to Iraq, again". I am thinking of you. Catching up on posts now, I havent been around much. Best wishes and tell your Hubs thanks for his service from our little Marine family.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

HUgs, I would spend all my time with my family, too. How long is he supposed to be deployed?

Anonymous said...

you are doing right by savoring every moment with him and your family. my husband was in iraq last year and is in Qatar right now. deployments are hard to say the least. I will be praying for your family.

Katie @ Domestic Debacle said...

That last picture, actually made me cry! OMG so sweet!