This blog has moved!

If your browser doesn't automatically redirect you,
please goto JavaCupcake.com.

Don't forget to subscribe to the RSS feed to continue getting post updates!

Thank you for your loyalty and support!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blueberry Madness!

Blueberries are in season here in Washington and my husband let me buy A TON of them!!! First, I made blueberry muffins and then... then I found a recipe from one of my favorite cupcake shops for a Blueberry Cupcake!!!! Mmmm I couldn't resist!! The recipe for Blueberry cupcakes with Blueberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream is from Trophy Cupcakes in Seattle and can be found here. My mother-in-law is in town and it happens to be her birthday so I made here these delicious treats to celebrate!


Here is a photo journey of the cupcakes that turned out to be a big hit with my family!


The blueberries cooking to make the puree... it smelled so good!!
I added 1/4 cup of sugar to the recipe here also.

The batter just before it hit the cups!

Oh yes, that is puree swirled on top of the cupcakes!

Just out of the oven.... mmmmmmm.
Topped with meringue buttercream and a blueberry!!

Blueberry perfection.

A couple of notes about the recipe...
I, personally, did not care for the meringue buttercream. This recipe, the frosting turns out very buttery in flavor. When my family tried the cupcake, they said it was very rich but when paired with the cupcake it was perfect. I think if I were to make this again, I would add more sugar and add less butter. Also, I think I'd make just my favorite buttercream recipe and add the blueberry puree for flavor. Another suggestion was that I put whole blueberries in the cupcake as well. Just some things to think about :) Enjoy!

7 comments. Add yours here!:

Anonymous said...

Those look very good! Where did you find your favorite buttercream recipe? I have tried a lot of them and haven't really found one that I liked!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Those are such beautiful cupcakes! Alas....I may have to give up my cupcake endeavors.... I haven't made a decent one yet! My daughter's sweet 16 is in a week, I would LOVE to make a cupcake cake for it. Do you have any "fool=proof" recipes for this fool?
♥,Lilly

Rhiannon Bosse said...

these look so very pretty and tasty :) thanks for sharing! I am about to re-post a blueberry recipe and this may be the motivation I need!! xo

confused homemaker said...

I'm liking those, good way to use blueberries w/ buttercream yum.

Aidan Oren said...

Those look so wonderful!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Those look delicious! I am having a cupcake themed birthday party for my daughter this weekend. These would have been perfect, but I just bought all the ingredients for the cupcakes I am making. I have a birthday bash going on, later in the week I will have a Wilton giveaway you may like.

Loving your blog!

Paris Pastry said...

Wow! That picture, before it goes into the oven, looks so delicious!!! Beautiful cupcakes, I love the blue liners, they go perfectly with blueberries!