This blog has moved!

If your browser doesn't automatically redirect you,
please goto JavaCupcake.com.

Don't forget to subscribe to the RSS feed to continue getting post updates!

Thank you for your loyalty and support!

Monday, January 18, 2010

White Velvet Raspberry filled Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream topped with a fresh Raspberry


It was Tracy's grandmothers 84th birthday and she wanted cupcakes! She wasn't a big fan of chocolate so a white cake was ordered and wanted to add a bit of color with raspberries.  So what I came up with was this White Velvet Raspberry filled cupcakes topped with Vanilla Buttercream and a fresh raspberry! I made two dozen and I almost only delivered 23... hehe they were THAT yummy!


I got this awesome new camera, so I was able to document the process of making these cupcakes!

These are the goodies I used to make these cupcakes.  Wilton cupcake liners, pink sugar dust, and a Wilton #6B star tip.



First, preheat oven to 350F and fill two 12-hole cupcake trays with cupcake wrappers. In a 2 cup measuring cup, combine egg whites, vanilla and 1/4 cup milk and mix with a whisk.



 In a large mixing bowl, combine cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together to blend. Add the butter and remaining 3/4 cup milk. Mix on low speed until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed (high if using a hand mixer) for 1.5 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla and milk mixture in three equal parts, beating for 20 seconds between additions.


So, in true JavaCupcake style... I totally made an oooooppsie.  The batter didn't look as pretty as the above picture at first.


 Fill each cupcake liner 1/2 - 2/3 full with batter.


Bake 15-17 minutes. After 10 minutes of baking, rotate pan 180 degrees to ensure even baking. Remove when air bubbles just being to pop on top and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.  Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then place on a cooling rack.


Let cool completely before filling and frosting. I chose to use my favorite raspberry jam to fill the cupcakes with.


To fill the cupcakes, I used this technique I found on BakingBites.com.


Using a Wilton #6B star tip, I frosted the cupcakes in a circular pattern.  I immediately dusted the top with the pink sugar dust.


After the buttercream had a few hours to set and slightly harden, I topped them with an upside down fresh raspberry.


And here they are... all finished and ready to deliver!


I met Tracy and her Grandmother at the restaurant and they were over the moon with these cupcakes! Grandma was a delight and it was such a pleasure to make these goodies for her birthday!


Click the image below for the recipe.


1 comments. Add yours here!:

Absentminded Oracle said...

white velvet cupcakes sounds like heavenly bliss. :) I would have delivered... 1